Power Poll Part III…
OK, now we have a real race for council positions, with 10 people (including today’s latest candidate, Gail Michalenko) on the ballot.
I keep hearing through the grapevine there may be one or two more solid contenders out there, with just under three months left before the Sept. 12 filing date for the Oct. 27 municipal election.
So here’s the third ‘power’ poll… does Berman have staying power to stay on top? Is Chadwick doomed to remain mired at the bottom? What impact will these new candidates have on the race?
Council Power Poll Part III: Who would you vote for as a councillor (up to seven choices; listed in alphabetical order)
- Steven Berman (66%, 81 Votes)
- Kathy Jeffery (57%, 69 Votes)
- Rick Crouch (54%, 66 Votes)
- Deb Doherty (48%, 58 Votes)
- Gail Michalenko (44%, 54 Votes)
- Player to be named later (or 'none of the above') (34%, 42 Votes)
- Dale West (22%, 27 Votes)
- Cam Ecclestone (18%, 22 Votes)
- Sandy Cunningham (9%, 11 Votes)
- Ian Chadwick (7%, 9 Votes)
- Kevin Lloyd (7%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 122